Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thanks for reading

To all the folks who have taken out that few minutes of their time to read these stories, I just wanted to say thank you.
These stories are just a collection of my Kensington experiences that I am trying to tie together somehow. I am flattered to see so many people have visited this site, because I really don't consider myself a writer of any sort . My wife thinks I am very brave for doing this, but what the hell, at least you guys get to hear about the neighborhood that I grew up in, with no editing.
So a very "Happy and Healthy New Year" to everyone. Thank you again for your time, and more stories to come in 2008!

Ron Lopez

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Senor Lopez -
Thank YOU for writing all of this stuff - although I may differ in my recollection of some the events, names, dates or places from time to time, I know your heart is in the right place and the mere fact that you have taken the time to try and capture much of our shared youth is admirable. No matter the story, you always get a smile out of me - maybe it is because I remember but more likely because it actually brings me back to a time of fun and innocence. We had a great youth - and I would not have changed a thing.

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your stories about a week ago, and I must say I'm impressed with your skills at writing. I am from the neiborhood myself and I can relate to many aspects of your life there.I would like to see you write a full length book. Good luck and keep posting, you do the neiborhood proud, Will

Anonymous said...

Ditto, Will ...Thanks Ron Great JoB....


Mike D