Thursday, May 8, 2008

You Huddled Masses You


“Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses”, or basically all the folks priced out of Park Slope and Brooklyn Heights.

It’s nice to see all you newcomers in Kensington.
Heck, I see you all almost every day walking down my block. You have springs in your steps and a twinkle in your eyes.
Just fresh out of the shower and ready to make a difference
in my old stomping grounds.

And all new ideas and new minds are welcome, because there are only so many “Kensington Stories” I can remember you know.

So welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

But let’s keep any conversations about school under the rug; because I hear my old Alma matta PS 179 is not exactly the learning institution that I knew some 45 years ago. Oh, and I just found out that district 15 ends on Beverley Road, so although I “walk the line” every morning on the way to the subway, my kids are still in the “wrong” zone. But what the hell do I know from school zones, they go to private school anyway. And yes I’m paying dearly for the sins of
Public School 179.

Ok, I’ll stop talking about school, I’m sorry.

But in the meantime, keep giving us those “huddled masses”,
because you guys all have such wonderful twinkles in your eyes.

And besides, it’s time for a change.

Ron Lopez
Website Counter

Free Counter

1 comment:

Luis said...

thanks ron! I just moved here and have found the residents to be very nice. I even live doors away from you on E 4th st. Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading them.