Thursday, February 11, 2010

Count Your Blessings

You know sometimes we all get caught up in a lot of what I feel is nonsense. And I'm guilty when it comes to it as much as the next guy. And it can be anything from the dishwasher not cleaning my dishes, to the kind of math that their teaching my son at school. Yeah, real problematic stuff that you should get sick to your stomach over, right?

Well, actually no, and it may just be
time to re-focus and "count your blessings".

Are your kids healthy?
Is there a roof over your head?
Do you have enough food in the fridge?
Did you make your kids laugh today?

I know it's real simple stuff here folks, but I guess I learned from my mom that it's important to sometimes re-focus and look at the more precious things in life rather than all the nonsense.

Yeah, I don't know, maybe it's because my mom was more concerned about my brother's screaming when they stuck that six inch long needle inside his bone rather than his homework. And worrying more about the results of his bone marrow tests rather than the result of his math test when he was eleven years old. Or maybe the fact that my dad was already in the ground for 13 years by the time he would have been my age, 52.

It's tough lessons that we sometimes learn, but it helps us
when we have to re-focus and let go when it comes to bull shit.

Oh, and buy the way, I was a 75 average student,
and my mom couldn't be happier as long as I was healthy.

So count your blessings folks,
because it could always be worse.

Ron Lopez

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

You are so right! Your mother is a wise woman. It took me most of my life to realize the truth of "counting your blessings"!

Anonymous said...

Well Said Ron !!!!

Mike D