Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Will has the answer...

"Those are called Pandrol e clips. They allow the rail to flex as the train passes over each tie, there is a saddle or plate that goes under the rail that is screwed into the wood or lately concrete ties. They are superior to spikes because after a while the spikes are pulled up by the constant flexing, also these can be removed and reinstalled when rails are changed out".


Hey thanks Will, because every time I look at those things
they remind me of the springs on my cylinder heads after
I pull the valve covers off off my 440.


No comments: